Putting aside the purists’ argument that addiction can only really exist in the physical addiction to a chemical sense (I gave up arguing with him), the Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale has been developed to see if you are hooked to Facebook.
According to the report by the University of Bergen there are six signs you need to look out for:
- You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook.
- You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more.
- You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems.
- You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success.
- You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook.
- You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies.
For each of the above signs, consider if you experience that sign very rarely, rarely, sometimes, often, and very often. If you answer “often” or “very often” for at least 4 of the signs, then you could have a Facebook addiction.
Personally, I refuse to take the test until there is a Facebook app for it.
In the meantime, if you think you can handle it, please go and like any or all of these Facebook pages…
…dare you like all 3?
A Microsoft Certified Professional with many years of large corporate experience and training, he now focuses on helping small businesses make the most of their IT.
Latest posts by Jonathan Gwyer (see all)
- The Geek Loves… his Kindle - December 2, 2016
- Fancy saving 20% off a 240GB Kingston SSD? Today only! - October 15, 2015
- Windows 10 : Google Drive 0 - August 12, 2015